Inheritance Tax Planning
“…death tax, it never occurred to me that it might affect my kids.”
Due to the rise in the value of property in recent years and the fact that more people are looking to invest in stock markets or investment properties etc, the number of people being caught in the so called ‘Death Tax’ is increasing every year. This is no longer a tax for just the rich.
However, many individuals fall into the inheritance tax net needlessly, but through effective and precise planning; we can help you to safeguard the family assets for future generations.
Although some cases require more detailed and complex solutions, some cases can be resolved via some simple planning in advance, therefore, we tailor our advice to your individual requirements.
We can help in a number of ways including;
- Ensuring that individuals avoid paying more tax than is necessary
- Help with planning and reviewing a will
- Making the full use of exemptions and opportunities available
- Optimising transfers between family members and other beneficiaries
- Help with setting up and transferring assets into trusts
- Helping to structure a business so as to minimise the tax position
- Arranging adequate life assurance to cover any potential tax liabilities
At Essex Abel our tax department is led by two chartered tax advisors who are on hand to provide you with all the necessary guidance and advice in inheritance tax planning.
Should you require further information or would like to speak to one of our tax specialists then please contact us.