Essex Abel are specialists in advising technology businesses in the East Midlands and are based in Loughborough. Loughborough has a high concentration of technology and scientific businesses with both Loughborough University and the science park being based close to Essex Abel.
Essex Abel have many years’ experience in advising technology businesses, whether they are just starting up or are established technology businesses. Technology businesses have some unique commercial, accountancy and tax requirements. Essex Abel are specialists in guiding businesses through these issues in order to maximise the opportunities available to them.
The services provided to these business include the compliance requirements that all businesses face, but can also include:
- Advising on and preparing claims for Research & Development (R&D) relief, including the small business and large company above the line scheme.
- Advising on the Patent Box and preparing the necessary claims and elections.
- Advice in relation to Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) in order to help secure funding.
- Advising on establishing an Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) Scheme in order to attract, motivate, reward and retain key employees.
- Remuneration planning and tax efficient profit extraction.
- Adopting the most suitable accounting policies, including revenue recognition, grant funding, R&D etc.
- Helping to set up accounting systems, including cloud based systems, such as Kashflow, Xero and establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to help you to monitor and manage the business.
- Advising on raising finance via bank, investor or crowd funding, including preparing business plans and financial forecasts.
Whether you are new start up or an established business, feel free to contact our specialist Technology Partner Jason Oram for a free initial, no obligation consultation on how Essex Abel can help your business.